1. I read The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power users by Guy Kawasaki. This books main theme was helping the reader or anyone that wants to build a successful social media page for people that aren't too familiar with it. The book is for people that want to use marketing through social media. The book wants you to treat your social media professionally because you don't know who's looking. The book is very beneficial for everyone because it also talks about how jobs go to your social media as a second reference to figure out what kind of person you are. It also goes into how people should be careful what there posting because you can't delete stuff off the internet.
2.I think this book really connected to my ENT class because most of the stuff we are dealing with is building a blog for other users to see. This book would help if I really wanted to pursue a product and get it out there to users and produce content on my own. The internet is very important in marketing and the tools and information from the book could be combined with a product for success.
3. An exercise that I would create for this class is provide different levels of social media starting with a few photos for profile pictures and the students would have to choose which ones are appropriate and professional. Then I'd put out multiple posts from Twitter and Facebook, etc.. some being professional and some not, and the students would have to choose again which ones they think someone hiring would think is okay. I'd do this through all aspects of social media that might have a factor in hiring.
4. Well my big moment from this book is realizing how often businesses actually look at your social media accounts to see what you look like and how you act. I look at social media as fun and sharing but may need to make a few adjustments as I approach my future.
Power tips for power is a powerful choice to make if I do say so myself and so say I do. I like how virtuous you made the writer, Guy Kawasaki, appear as the book's main theme was interpreted to help the reader or anyone build a successful social media page. That is amazing. I will read to improve my TikTok!
ReplyDeleteHey Carson,
ReplyDeleteI'm amazed by this post and how detailed it was, I can see that you put a lot of effort into it. Your detailing and how your so specific show me how much you enjoyed this book and by your words it really makes me want to read so I might give it a try.
Hey again! I almost picked this one! It's crazy to think that the use of our personal and private lives viewed on social media can be a deciding factor for a company. I'd love to see the research that could be put into one having multiple forms of social media, but I'm curious if corporations would count that against someone as if they were hiding something? Who knows, but great post!
ReplyDelete