Friday, April 17, 2020

26A

I had to build this wooden chair for my mom for one of her clients and it started off great. It was perfect until I realized the left arm rest was on the right side! I had to take the entire thing apart and restart from scratch. I almost got to the end again and realized that I had used the wrong screws so the last steps weren't going to work! I restarted again and got it done! My mom didn't see me build it but only the end product so she didn't know about me messing up only the finished product.

I learned that it's not about how you get to something but rather if you get there or not and that this can apply to life as well. For example some people may graduate college in three years or even six years but both people have a chance at success.

I hate failure and hate when people see it because I am a very competitive person. Sometimes I can get angry or even sad when I fail at something and I need to work on some of that because I have to understand that everyone fails at some point in there life. This class has actually taught me about failure because at first I was missing due dates and I didn't want to finish the class, but after getting the hang of the schedule I'm going to get a decent grade in the class, so this was actually a perfect topic this week.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carson,

    I really enjoyed your post today. I like your mentality, I can see how much effort you put into building that chair and I'm sure it was really frustrating when you got it wrong the first time and even more frustrating the second times. However, I'm sure the feeling of finishing was like no other.

    ReplyDelete