Friday, February 7, 2020

8A Solving the Problem

The solution that I came up for the expensive medications is a two step plan to help people that can't afford there medications. First of all there employer will cover 25% of the medications because an employer is supposed to look out for the well-being of there employees. Obviously not every employer will agree to this so it will have to be some kind of regulation put forth by the government in a sense where it is passed as a law. Secondly a second joint or solo option through the pharmacy will be available. This opportunity allows for the assistance from state and national pharmacy groups that help cover the costs of the prescription drugs as well as lets you pay for them over a period of time. The emphasis to my solution is on the incremental payment options which allows for you to save money weekly or monthly and pay for the expensive product over a period like a car. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Carson,
    Great idea! I think that making all employers pay for a percentage of the employees medication could be very beneficial and fair. Employers must look out for the well being and health of employees. A regulation must be put in place because many small and big companies will refuse as it will cost them a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! I wanted to follow up! Most employers have a benefits care package for medication through Medicare or Medi-cade (spelling?). Typically the prices are $7 generic, $14 pricey generic, or $40 name brand. These numbers are simply part of the program and are FAR greater than 25%. I would maybe invest in ways that these programs can better help the employer to have an easier process for their employees. I DO love the idea of a monthly plan option for the more expensive medication that can't be altered into a generic or isn't covered by insurance. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete